When it comes to Vaping Advocacy and your wallet, who should you support? There are so many different organizations out there; its hard to chose who should get a peice of your wallet share. Here is a super breif rundown of each organization.
- The American Vaping Association – The American Vaping Association is an organization that was created primarily for the purpose of positive media advocacy for vaping and electronic cigarettes. Gregory Conley is the President of the AVA. He is tireless in the fight against these regulations. I dont think there has been a hearing I havent seen him at. (follow him on Twitter too.. he tweets a lot)
- VISTA – Industry Strategic Truth Alliance (VISTA Truth, Inc.) is a nationwide non-profit corporation formed in 2014 that supports and advocates, on a state by state level, for the rights of retailers and wholesalers (both online and traditional) in the United States who offer less harmful alternative nicotine delivery devices to adult consumers instead of proven lethal tobacco products.
- CASAA – The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
- The Vaping MilitiaThe Vaping Militia is committed to protecting the rights and health of vapors by advocating for safe public use of personal vaporizers. We strongly believe and promote peaceful and professional activism/advocacy.
- AEMSA – Eliquid Manufacturers’ trade association
- SFATA – serves as an educational and lobbying resource for manufacturers, whole-sellers and distributors.
So as you can see, each one has its own niche. Are you just a normal vaper, like me.. who doesnt work at a shop, isnt a manufactuer or distributer? You’re a consumer. Support AVA, CASAA and The Vaping Militia.
Are you a vendor, manufacturer or distributer? Support AVA, VISTA, CASAA and SFATA.
Im still up in the air about AEMSA; not sure how I feel about them yet. If you have any info about them (good or bad), contact me on Twitter or drop a comment below.